How do I know the CBD I am giving my dog is high quality and will work for my dog?
This is taken right from the American Kennel Society website:
If you and your veterinarian decide that you should try CBD as a treatment for your dog, there are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing CBD oil. Not all oils are the same; you’ll want high-quality CBD oil to have a better chance of it working.
1. Look for organic. If the CBD oil is not organic, it at least should not contain pesticides, fungicides, or solvents.
2. Don’t only shop based on price. Higher quality and purity are usually associated with a higher cost. A cheaper option could contain toxic substances such as pesticides, herbicides, or heavy metals. Make sure your CBD oil is free of additives.
3. Get the analysis. The manufacturer should provide a certificate that certifies the amount of CBD that is in the product. Many CBD products contain only small amounts of CBD. You’ll also want to make sure there is little or no THC in the product.
4. Buy CBD as a liquid. You can buy dog treats containing CBD, but the best form to administer is an oil or tincture. This way, you can adjust your dog’s dose drop by drop.
Here are our responses:
1. Baked in Colorado uses 100% natural organic CBD grown in Colorado.
2. Baked in Colorado treats and beverage enhancers are priced based on our quality. The CBD used in our products uses nanotechnology, which breaks down the CBD so it can be more easily absorbed by your pet.
Our treats have faster and better results. Nano CBD can be absorbed into the bloodstream more easily than regular CBD, meaning you don't need to use as much of our product versus other brand's products.
3. The CBD used in Baked in Colorado products is Third Party Lab Certified for quality and potency and has ZERO THC.
4. Treats are great, but sometimes a beverage enhancer is more practical. CBD for humans is commonly in oil form and put directly into your mouth using a dropper. The same method would not be practical for dogs.
An easier solution is our beverage enhancer, which can be dropped into your dog’s water bowl or food bowl. And because it is a beverage enhancer and not an OIL, it will mix with your water so your dog won’t notice the difference.